Tuesday, February 14, 2017

sunderblogger.blogspot.mumbaikars


The way I shoot is more so a way of life; it’s not something that I do, it’s just something that I kinda breath. My name is Sunder Thadani and I am a Mumbai City Citizen since 1947. One of the first things that I truly loved to do was to use computer, mobile phone, and iPod and you know, that somewhat really pushed me to get into the Digital World. There definitely came a point where I had to transition and because I was not going to continue to use these electronic gadgets as a professional player. I realized that I could rather take that dedication that I had with the hobby and I could put it into my art and into my craft of information and knowledge. So yeah, all the eLearning that I take out on the streets and just in the world -- I shoot it on film, I shoot it with my gadgets, and I bring it back into here. I develop modules for learning, you know, I make contact sheets, and I archive it. Then, I just continue to just live with the work. I like to just like look at the pictures -- I put them on my wall, I put them in boxes that I will carry around with me. When you think about eLearning, it can be very passive. It is as you can take out your phone and you can just snap a photo. I think for me it’s like, how do you be there? How do you get outside of what you think you already know? In addition, that is what I am trying to do with my eLearning. I do not want to make images that already exist in the world; I want to create something new. You know, through who I am. It is definitely great to see my work in the Times or in other publications and for it to be exposed for other people to see. However, if anything, it also just made me realize that I just want to continue to work harder because I feel like I am really just getting started. You know, it’s all about my sensitivity as an Indian and as a person in the society and just trying to reflect what’s out there in the world into eLearning. Regards Sunder Thadani – 20170208.

No comments:

Post a Comment